Hallo readers, guess what? I have not had a single heart issue since my blanking period has ended. Do you know what this glorious news means? Welcome back to the land of caffeine and chocolate! In celebration of this new love affair with all things caffeinated, let us enjoy a stroll down memory lane with one my favorite hot chocolate recipes.
Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 32 ounces 2% milk
- Several cinnamon sticks, optional garnish
- Splash hot water, optional
- Combine cacao, sugar, cinnamon and cayenne in mixing bowl. Stir until blended, about 1 minute.
- Heat vanilla and milk in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat as milk begins to boil, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slowly add contents of mixing bowl to milk. Stir continuously until dissolved, about 2 minutes. If the result is too rich, add hot water to taste. Serve hot.